Monday, October 11, 2010

Family Vacation - Part 1

Thought I would step away from the business side and share some personal photos from my recent vacation to the Balloon Festival in Albuquerque, NM. My family and I went with our best friends and their daughter. We had a really good time and it made for some great pictures as well. Enjoy the pictures and I will the tell the story as we go:







1st stop was Groom, TX. Home of the 19 story (190') cross. This isn't the first time I have seen this cross and it isn't easy to miss with a viewing distance of 20 miles.






All around the cross are different life size statues taking you through the story of Christ's trial, crucifixion, burial and resurrection. It is truly a remarkable landmark and one that I hope touches your heart as it has mine.


Chloe posing for the camera.

The rest of the first day was in the car and making several pit stops - remember, we had a 5 year old and 2- two year olds with us!

The next day would start with a tram ride to Sandia Peak.  Let me share this experience with you . . .




This picture says it all. The Sandia Mountains in Albuquerque and the tram ride up to them. Thats right, a tram ride taking us up to 10,378 ft. My buddy Ronnie and I thought we could hike it in 1/2 a day, but we decided to just pay the money for the Tram (we had the girls with us). Enjoy the pics!


Passing the opposite Tram.





My girls can look like the love each other from time to time...don't be deceived.


If you do some "CSI" work on this one, you will notice in the reflection of my glasses, my friend Jennifer is taking this photo, thanks Jen!


At the Top! 


If you look closely, there is a stone "cabin," we did not make that hike (oh darn).


Thought this would look cool in Black & White.




Waiting for the ride back down.


Looking out the Tram's window...pretty amazing!

This is all for tonight. Hope you come back for part 2. We will see some park activities and Albuquerque's "Old Town." Part 3 will be Balloons and Fireworks, so we will definitely end it with a Bang, for real.

So come back tomorrow as we continue "Our Story."



No comments:

Post a Comment